Olympias Sea Trials
Based on Poros (an island approx. 30 miles south of Athens).
- 1987 (First Series)
- Highly experimental. Featured in BBC documentary. Crew: mostly British. Longest voyage: circuit of Poros (1 day)
- 1988 (Second Series)
- Modified oars - now with counterweights. Crew: 2/3 British, 1/3
some Irish. Longest voyage: to Methana then circuit of Poros (1 day).
- 1990 (Third Series)
- Most existing speed records set during this trip. Crew: 1/2 British,
1/2 American, also some Dutch. Longest voyage: around coast to Porto
- 1992 (Fourth Series)
- Longest voyage achieved (and first trireme passage of the Corinth
Crew: 2/3 British, 1/3 American (only 90% capacity).
Longest voyage: Corinth, via Aegina and Salamis (6 days).
- 1993 (London)
- Participation in Democracy 2000 Celebrations on Thames, i.e. lots of
not much proper rowing. Based in Putney, then Tower Bridge.
Crew: 2/3 British, 1/3 American (only 70% capacity).
- 1994 (Fifth Series)
- Mostly PR purposes: Channel 4 and Greek film crews. Crew: mostly
(only 70% capacity).